Human Service Community Awards
UPHS is pleased to announce several opportunities for its members to be recognized for the incredible work and contributions they make in our community to meet the needs of human services. Each recipient will be announced and honored at our annual conference on May 15th at TCC.
- Kris Knab Service Award
- Roger Kaufman Exemplary Community Agency Award
- Jack Gant Innovative Community Program Award
UPHS has established the Kris Knab Service Award to be presented to a nonprofit executive director annually who possesses a compassion and desire to assist others with a demonstrated background and commitment to building a stronger community through their service and leadership. The criteria could include:
- Someone who personifies the highest standards of excellence, courage and commitment to community;
- Reputation for excellence for an institution, organization or foundation;
- High position of responsibility that influenced countless people;
- Possess a compassion and desire to assist others with access to services to rise above their means;
- UPHS Member in good standing;
- Those who exemplify dedication to community service and leadership.
The 21st Century Council in partnership with UPHS announces its call for nominations for the 2019 Roger Kaufman Exemplary Community Agency Award and Jack Gant Innovative Community Program Award. The selected agencies will be recognized by the 21st Century Council and The Florida State University College of Education Foundation at the May 15, 2019, UPHS Conference in Tallahassee. The Kaufman exemplary agency will presented with a $1,000.00 award and the Gant winner will receive $500.00.