UPHS Seeking Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
United Partners for Human Services (UPHS), a membership organization of the human service nonprofit agencies in the Big Bend region, is seeking an executive director.
The executive director provides inspired leadership to ensure the mission UPHS is carried out, works with the Board of Directors on setting the strategic direction and internal organizational policies, and is the organization’s chief external spokesperson. The executive director has overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations of UPHS, supervises staff and/or volunteers; and oversees the advocacy, programmatic, financial, and management operations of the organization.
- Ensure all activities of the organization are aligned with UPHSs core values of collaboration, community, and achievement.
- Work with the board of directors to set strategic direction, priorities, and internal policies for the organization.
- Identify, assess, and inform the board of directors of internal and external issues that affect the organization.
- Keep members of the board fully informed and utilize their talents effectively in support of the organization’s work.
- Oversee the development of creative and innovative approaches to accomplishing the goals and carrying out the mission of UPHS.
- Be a community leader and spokesperson on the nonprofit human services sector.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
- Represent UPHS activities and point of view to local elected officials, organizations, and the general public.
- Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals.
A level of professional, judgment, and decisiveness to inspire confidence among UPHS members and partners. Demonstrated executive/senior management leadership, non-profit administrative and management experience. Membership management experience (preferred). Grant writing and contract management. Strong communication skills: written, oral, and listening. Ability to work autonomously.