Partner Job Openings
- Director of Workforce Programs - Goodwill Big Bend
- Director of Finance - Second Harvest of the Big Bend
- Girls on the Run - Executive Director
Goodwill Industries – Big Bend is headquartered in the beautiful college town of Tallahassee and in close proximity to the white beaches of Florida’s Gulf Coast. Tallahassee is home to Florida State University, ranked the nation's thirty-third best public university by U.S. News & World Report. It is also home to Florida A&M University, the fifth-largest historically black university by total enrollment. As the capital, Tallahassee is the site of the Florida State Capitol, Supreme Court of Florida, Florida Governor's Mansion, and nearly 30 state agency headquarters.
Goodwill Industries – Big Bend serves a 22 county territory in South Georgia and the Panhandle of Florida. Through 25 retail stores, two retail outlets, 13 donation centers, nine Career Centers, 11 apartment complexes, two car washes and a modern, state of art Preschool Center we employ nearly 900 team members and serve over 10,000 individuals yearly - 3,500 of which within workforce development services.
We have been CARF accredited since 1978 - the last survey having zero recommendations and including a commendation. We fund programs through a heavy retail funding stream along with Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, Medicaid Waiver, Ticket to Work, fee for service and SNAP E&T. We provide world-class workforce development services across the panhandle that put over 800 people to work last year.
We are now seeking an outstanding leader with exceptional track record of vocational rehabilitation and workforce development results to help us build on our successes and drive our future growth. See full Job Description.
This position is responsible for managing all financial operations of the organization including accounts payable, accounts receivable, deposits, monthly reconciliations, payroll, invoicing and grant reporting.
You will uphold our mission: Fighting Hunger, Feeding Hope.
- Maintain all cash management files in the QuickBooks accounting system and in archival files.
- Pay invoices in a timely manner, open mail and make daily deposits, and conduct monthly reconciliations.
- Distribute agency statements monthly, and provide support for the annual physical inventory with the inventory department.
- Analyze and present monthly, quarterly and ad hoc financial reports to the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors’ Finance Committee.
- Collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process providing auditors with all pertinent financial and reports.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the Finance Department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- In collaboration with the Human Resources Department, process bi-weekly payroll with outsourced payroll company.
- Assist with disaster relief response as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities, competencies)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Administration with a minimum of 4 year’s experience in finance/bookkeeping.
- Excellent math, bookkeeping, and organizational skills.
- Able to work independently while part of small team environment.
- Ability to manage time and multiple projects
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, QuickBooks, and have the capability to become proficient at portions of Primarius, the food bank’s inventory management program
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, and taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment described here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
America’s Second Harvest of the Big Bend is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
The Executive Director of Girls on the Run of the Big Bend (GOTRBB) is a highly-skilled nonprofit professional that provides leadership, vision and direction to the council and the broader Girls on the Run organization. The Executive Director represents our five-year old council to the public, leads organizational development and strategic planning, optimizes financial performance, oversees program delivery in the designated four-county territory, builds donor relationships, and oversees personnel and volunteers. The Executive Director develops sound practices and supportive relationships, both internally and externally, resulting in cooperative and effective collaborations that further the mission of Girls on the Run International.
Visit the Executive Director - GOTR Big Bend page for more details and to apply.