Works closely with the Executive Director for coordination of corporate financials and human resources for Big Bend Area Health Education Center (BBAHEC) and Big Bend Rural Health Network (BBRHN). Human Resource duties include but are not limited to, onboarding of new hires, benefit management, and maintaining compliance with Federal and State employment laws. Financial responsibilities include but are not limited to; accounts receivables/payables, payroll, and account reconciliations.
- Maintain accurate accounting of all BBAHEC and BBRHN programs expenditures in QuickBooks
- Process invoices/vendor payments weekly. Review invoices for accuracy and credits.
- Review subcontractor invoices meet contract or PO amounts prior to payment.
- Request appropriate Program Manager approval for payment authorization. Includes determining appropriate account line item per program contract.
- Annually run 1099 vendor report, review for accuracy then process 1099’s for appropriate vendors, per IRS requirements.
- Invoice each program per contract or PO requirements whether monthly, quarterly, or annually.
- Verify specific statements and amounts are on invoices per contract or PO.
- Verify receipt of payment, electronically or check, matches invoice.
- Deposit funds through banks, if check. Verifying correct amount deposited and credited to correct customer.
- Verify and reconcile monthly bank, credit card, and investment statements.
- Process bi-weekly employee payroll. After manager review, verify accuracy of timesheets with correct PTO, cost allocation, and times.
- Process retirement contribution for full-time employees with each payroll.
- Monthly process all payroll liabilities, various benefits, for payment.
- Yearly process W2s accurately and timely.
- Maintain employee payroll records including accrued time, timesheets, and payroll deductions.
- Ensure IRS Forms (990, 941 and RT-6s) are completed annually/quarterly for both organizations.
- Provide monthly financial reports in standard P&L format to Program Managers at monthly budget meeting summarizing expenses to date and budget trends
- Provide monthly financial reports for contracts or PO’s, per requirements
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for contracts or PO’s, per requirements and Board of Directors meetings
- Accurate filing, both electronically and paper, of payables and receivables in preparation of monthly, quarterly, site visit, and audit reports.
- Provide required documentation for annual BBAHEC and BBRHN financial audits.
- Provide budget information to Program Managers for program budget planning
- Maintain personnel cost and overhead cost spreadsheets to project corporate annual expenditures and corporate budget planning with Executive Director
- Create annual corporate budgets with Executive Director
- Employee/Intern Onboarding. Have proper documentation completed and processed by FLSA and DOL laws.
- Utilize E-Verify for US authorized employment verification (employees only).
- Complete background and MVR screenings, documenting results.
- Review Company benefits with employee. Submit to provider for enrollment/separation.
- Document employee evaluations annually and file accordingly.
- Update PTO accrual annually for each employee upon date of hire anniversary.
- Maintain accurate personnel documentation, including but not limited to evaluations, new hire documentation, warning/reprimands, awards, and separation.
- Maintain and update employee manual. Provide to new employees during onboarding.
- Annually review benefits with Executive Director for cost and sustainability.
- Ensure compliance with all employment laws.
- Provide documentation for annual HR audit.
- Confer with HR attorney as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. At a minimum 3 years administrative experience including background and/or training in bookkeeping
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Strong computer skills such as in the use of Excel, Word, Publisher, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of QuickBooks
- Data entry skills with attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and analytical ability
- Commitment to serving the Big Bend AHEC and Big Bend Rural Health missions.
- Time Management & Efficiency
- Decision Making
- Communication Proficiency
- Organization Skills
- Honesty & Integrity & Confidentiality
- Detail Focused
Please note the following:
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com