Website Cru Inner City
Cru Inner City
Business Title: Administrator & Compassionate Products Coordinator
Ministry/Team: Cru Inner City / Tallahassee
Reports To: Team Leader, John Bump
Prepared By: John Bump, cru.org/innercity/tallahassee, email@example.com
Prepared Date: February 18, 2021
Status: full-time RMO/Supported
MISSION: Cru is a caring community passionate about connecting people to Jesus Christ
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Perform a wide variety of administrative and support functions to assist the ministry and staff team to accomplish the ministry and mission of Cru Inner City.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
As an employee with Cru:
● Actively and intentionally grow in your Christian faith
● Maintain a positive witness for Christ
● Express a dependence on the Holy Spirit
● Share what God is teaching him or her
● Consistently attend and participate in team/ministry devotional times, trainings, and meetings
For this Role: (Other duties may be assigned.)
● General Administrative Duties, when working in the office
○ Screen visitors and phone calls to refer to appropriate staff members
○ Update content of the ministry’s website and social media presence, as needed
○ Send messages, thank you notes, email communications
○ Design and send monthly email communications to church partners
● Data Entry, Organization, & Maintenance
○ Organize and maintain the ministry’s Google Drive file system
○ Track donations to Cru as they come in and update donor data in MPDx
○ MailChimp Lists for donors, volunteers, church partners, & recruits
○ Update and maintain the partner ministry database
○ Perform data entry after recruiting and short-term mission events
○ Update databases after Compassion in Action volunteer events and donor events
● Financial Duties
○ Order office, building, and/or program supplies as needed
○ Help the staff team and ministry comply with Cru’s financial policies - paying invoices, clearing MinistryCard & StaffCard expenses through Concur, check requests, account transfers, miscellaneous income
○ Research quotes for facility or office purchases or improvements
○ Assist in preparing the annual City Plan.
● Volunteer Screening
○ Process background checks, liability releases, and screening forms
● Compassionate Products
○ Support the ministry’s Compassionate Product system, including requests, allocations, and follow-up reports/stories
○ Communicate with church/ministry partners, vendors, volunteers, and donors
○ Collaborate with the local and national Compassion in Action Coordinators to assist with Compassionate Product acquisition, purchase, and shipment
○ Help to pay vendors and manage budgets
● Collaborate with the Compassion in Action Coordinator and the staff team to support Cru Inner City’s seasonal trainings and Compassion in Action packing events. For example:
○ Trainings in evangelism, discipleship, youth and adult development
○ Compassion in Action packing events, such as Boxes of Love, Homeless Care Kits, Easter Bags, and PowerPacks
● Collaborate with the staff team to support Cru Inner City’s seasonal fund development and mission experiences. For example:
○ Annual Vision Dinner
○ Mission trips for college students in the spring and during the summer
● Serve as an MPD Coach for the local staff team and other Cru Inner City staff as assigned by the national MPD Coordinator. Training, support, and collaboration is available for this role.
OTHER FUNCTIONS (Non-essential)
● Demonstrate and model personal spiritual discipline and assist in development of an environment on the team where individual team members grow in their own Christian walks.
● Model personal, direct ministry of discipleship through the local church
● Personal and professional development - engage in the staff development cycle, including creating and implementing a Position Focus targeting areas of growth.
● Participate in ongoing cultural competency training
● Perform related duties or special projects as assigned
This role will not entail any ongoing supervision of Cru staff.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Personable, friendly demeanor
● Excellent oral and written communication skills, including phone etiquette
● Current technology including, but not limited to: a personal computer, Google applications (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms, Slides), Microsoft Office programs (Work, Excel and PowerPoint), Zoom, MailChimp, and social media platforms, such as Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram
● Record keeping and filing techniques
● Maintain a humble, flexible, teachable, servant spirit
● Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
● Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
● Plan and organize work to meet schedules and timelines
● Coordinate and oversee multiple projects and groups
● Identify and initiate tasks and procedures to help facilitate efficiency and stewardship
● Be a detail-oriented, highly productive and proactive self-starter
● Practice good interpersonal skills, including patience, good listening, and saying hard things in a kind way (i.e. speak the truth in love)
● Effectively share the gospel and follow-up new believers
● Minister to and alongside people of different cultures/ethnicities and those in poverty
● Work remotely, as needed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates degree preferred and/or two years of experience working in an administrative setting. Experience working in a church or Christian non-profit setting is preferred. Emphasis in administration, finances, operations, and/or management preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
As stated in the U.S. Staff Handbook, it is expected that Cru staff, as members of its Religious Missionary Order, will demonstrate a balanced, Spirit-filled Christian lifestyle and maintain biblical priorities in commitments to ministry, family, associates, personal interests and study.
Actively raise and maintain financial support necessary to support wage compensation requirements according to corporate compensation policies and set rates, and communicate consistently with your support team.
Cru staff, as members of its Religious Missionary Order, are expected to maintain a positive balance in his/her staff account, and properly administer financial resources.
It is anticipated that all employees of Campus Crusade for Christ, throughout the course of their employment, will actively seek opportunities for greater understanding, involvement and connection with our ministry by taking part in various activities as specified by their leadership. This includes attending periodic Bible studies and other worship experiences which occur in the workplace during the workweek. Employees are also expected to actively and intentionally grow in their Christian faith and exhibit Christian character as demonstrated by their attitude, appearance and conduct as outlined in the "Standards and Expectations" section of the employee handbook.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email your resume to email@example.com or call 850.251.2387 to set up a meeting.