Cru Inner City Tallahassee
Cru Inner City
Job Posting: Communications
Reports to: City Director and Fund Development Coordinator
Send resume to: John Bump, Team Leader email@example.com
Status: Full-time RMO Supported
Summary of Position:
Develop print and digital communications for a variety of audiences, including partner ministries, donors/volunteers, local clientele, and potential recruits.
Essential Roles/Responsibilities include those that follow. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communications to/for Partner Ministries
- How to become a partner ministry
- Upcoming events/trainings
- Post and e-mail mailings
- Monthly e-newsletter of upcoming events/trainings (ours and others)
- Website stories (best practices)
- Inner City blog
- Communications to Donors/Volunteers
- Volunteer opportunities
- Appeal letters
- Email blasts
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Blog)
- Help video crafting, production
- Fellowship Dinner
- Communications to potential recruits
- Recruiting pieces (print, website, social media, email, blog)
- Hands-on Ministry
- Reaching Millennials through English, writing, social media
- Partnering with a ministry
- Using writing to empower local clientele to be missional with their faith in Christ
Ongoing roles/responsibilities in other ministry areas:
Participate, as needed and available, in the ministry’s seasonal trainings, packing events, donor events, and mission experiences. For example:
- Trainings in evangelism and discipleship
- Compassionate product packing events, such as Boxes of Love, Homeless Care Kits, Easter Bags, and PowerPacks
- The ministry hosts missions trips for college students in March (spring break) and during the summer.
- The ministry’s annual Fellowship Dinner
- Meet with partner ministries about collaboration
- Actively raise and maintain financial support necessary to support wage compensation requirements according to corporate compensation policies and set rates.
- Demonstrate and model personal spiritual discipline and assist in development of an environment on the team where individual team members grow in their own Christian walks.
- Personal development - engage in the Staff Development process including creating and implementing a Personal Development Plan (PDP) targeting areas of growth.
- Perform related duties or special projects as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Considerable experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher.
- Personable, friendly demeanor.
- Record keeping and filing techniques
- Oral and written communication skills, especially phone etiquette.
- Aptitude for using computers and internet technology.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Identify and initiate tasks and procedure to help facilitate efficiency and stewardship.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Meet schedule and time lines.
- Plan and organize work.
It is anticipated that all employees of Cru, throughout the course of their employment, will actively seek opportunities for greater understanding, involvement and connection with our ministry by taking part in various activities as specified by their leadership. This includes attending periodic Bible studies and other worship experiences which occur in the workplace during the workweek. Employees are also expected to actively and intentionally grow in their Christian faith and exhibit Christian character as demonstrated by their attitude, appearance and conduct as outlined in the "Standards and Expectations" section of the employee handbook.
Please note the following:
Please email resume to John.Bump@cru.org or call 850.251.2387 to set up a meeting.