FL Dept. of Juvenile Justice
The Florida Department of Juvenile Justice needs one full-time position to support the Director of Human Trafficking Intervention in the execution of DJJ human trafficking intervention initiatives.
Job Title: Human Trafficking Intervention Coordinator
Job Classification: Other Personal Services (OPS)
Office Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Hours: Full-time (up to 40 hours/week)
Direct Supervisor: Katherine Gomez, Director of Human Trafficking Intervention
2737 Centerview Drive, Suite 3200, Tallahassee, FL 32399
(Office) 850-717-2714 (Email) Katherine.Gomez@djj.state.fl.us
Human Trafficking Intervention Coordinator Roles and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates and executes human trafficking training efforts for staff and partner organizations.
• Supports Director with continual enhancement of policies and procedures for identifying human
trafficking victims and providing appropriate services.
• Supports Director by maintaining accurate office financial records and preparing reports for
• Supports Director in continued implementation of victim identification tool in Juvenile
Assessment Centers and intake facilities, when deemed necessary. This will include, but not be
limited to, coordinating with DJJ’s Research and Data department to track any necessary tool
updates and/or implementation issues.
• Connect Chief Probation Officers and Human Trafficking Liaisons with local human trafficking
task forces and ensure continued active participation.
• Assist in finding, researching and maintaining up-to-date information on national promising
practices, human trafficking curriculums, legislation and training opportunities.
• Assists Director in developing Human Trafficking correspondence, written products and training
materials, when necessary.
• Work with DCF to build and maintain a service provider database organized by county and/or
• Pulls cases and staffs with line staff to ensure appropriate response is carried out.
• Performs other duties, as needed
To apply for this job email your details to Katherine.Gomez@djj.state.fl.us