Website Second Harvest of the Big Bend
The Child Nutrition Program Coordinator actively engages and recruits community partners to expand the Child Nutrition Programs to meet the needs in the service area. The Coordinator develops and nurtures relationships with partners and manages all aspects of the Child Nutrition Programs. You will uphold our mission: To feed the hungry in the Big Bend through our network of partner agencies, and to educate and engage the community in the fight against hunger.
1. Maintain a positive work attitude by acting and communicating in a manner conducive to good interpersonal relations (e.g., helpful, courteous, pleasant) with customers, all public, co-workers and managers, in accordance with the spirit of Second Harvest of the Big Bend’s mission.
2. Actively engage and recruit partners to expand the Child Nutrition Programs.
3. Develop and nurture relationships with new and existing partners.
4. Address and assist in the resolution of program site concerns and issues.
5. Understand and interpret applicable State and Federal Regulations and Laws and Feeding America rules.
6. Evaluate and improve the Child Nutrition Programs while meeting all compliance standards set by Feeding America and the United States Department of Agriculture.
7. Collect, track, and analyze data on participation in the programs.
8. Onboard new partners and train existing partners, as applicable.
9. Conduct visits to monitor program sites and provide technical assistance.
10. Represent Second Harvest of the Big Bend in community based meetings.
11. Attend required training outside of Second Harvest of the Big Bend.
12. Must be able to travel throughout the Big Bend Region area if company car is not available.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities, competencies)
1. Bachelors degree or 4 years work experience in related field.
2. Ability to organize and prioritize work and tasks.
3. Pleasant, courteous, professional demeanor.
4. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
5. Attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
6. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. The ability to learn and use various software programs dealing with databases and inventory systems.
7. Must be self-motivated and work well with people in a team environment, and have the ability to manage time and multiple projects.
8. Must be flexible with schedule when issues or emergencies arise.
9. Must be willing to assist in disaster response (i.e. Hurricanes, floods, pandemics, etc.).
10. Must be able to work outside normal business hours as needed.
11. Must be able to travel within our 11 counties several times per week.
12. Must be willing to work some late afternoon, night, and weekend hours as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust and focus.
Salary for this position is $16.35 an hour. Second Harvest also provides a generous benefits package inclusive of paid health, dental and life insurance for the employee. Employees may elect to participate in the Simple IRA retirement program; SHBB will match up to 3% of your salary. SHBB recognizes 11 paid holidays each year, and employees receive a generous PTO allotment.
The work environment described here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Interested candidates please submit your resume and cover letterHR@Fightinghunger.org